Friday, April 29, 2011

Kids Say the Funniest Things!

Between work with Tippi Toes and serving in the children's ministry at church, I have direct contact with kids ages 18 months - 12 years every single day of the week.  This makes for some interesting and entertaining conversations in everyday life, but add a growing belly to the mix and the comments from kids are just hilarious!  I love their honesty and innocence.  I wish I could remember all the funny things I've heard, but I thought I'd share a few that I can remember!

"Miss Brittany, why is your belly kinda fat?" -Ivie, 4 year old Tippi Toes dancer.  If you've seen my facebook, this is the same silly girl that when changing into her dance clothes one day exclaimed, "I'm a nudey-patootie!"  She's crazy!

9 year old girl at church: "Miss Brittany, are you pregnant?"  Me: "Yes I am." 9 year old: "Oh, good.  I didn't think you could be that fat."

"Does your baby like this song?  Is she dancing in there like us?" -Kaelyn, 4 year old Tippi Toes dancer.  I get a version of this one almost every dance class!

This one is from today... Elke (4 year old Tippi Toes dancer): "What's in there?" Me: "A baby!" Elke:  "It looks like a big fat ball under your shirt."  Me: "Well...thanks Elke."  Elke:  "How did the baby get in there?"  Me:  Pause... "God put her in there."  Elke:  "What?!  How did He get her in there?"  Me: "Ummm... God can do anything!  It's kinda like magic I guess."  Elke:  "Ooooh ok."  Me:  Relieved that she was ok with that answer!  Haha!

There are so many more but I can't remember them!  That these little ones keep me entertained is an understatement!  I love them and love all our funny interactions!  I'm sure there will be more to come as my belly keeps growing and growing and GROWING!

1 comment:

  1. YEEEEESSSS Jonathon and I love your blog! Let us know when you post more! Can't wait to see you and the whole family =)))

    ReplyDelete