Sunday, April 1, 2012

10 Months Old!

Dear Haven,

Just the fact that you are in double-digit months boggles my mind and is a tad bit depressing.  You are more fun than ever now, but it's all just going by too fast!  I wish I could re-live the past 10 months over and over again.  So this month was the month of tricks!  It's so neat to watch your little mind work and attempt something we have shown you.  First it was waving and clapping and bobbing your head...to music or not.  Then on our Spring Break trip, Gammie & Bozzy taught you how to put your hand over your mouth while making noise and it sounds funny.  You do this all the time now!  Sometimes you forget to make the sound so you're just hitting yourself in the mouth, but it's too cute.  You also use your little index finger and put it in little holes on your toys, and last week...my belly button!  Ha!  I'm trying to show you that you have one too, but you haven't quite figured that out yet.  You aren't crawling, but are so close.  Somehow you manage to scoot around on your bottom and you still push yourself backwards on your tummy.  But in the past few days you have started going from sitting to your knees and back to sitting, so I think it won't be long!  You show an interest in pulling up, but can't quite do it yourself yet.  Your favorite thing to pull up on when sitting on the floor is me!  You grab my shirt and work so hard to pull yourself up.  You love to give kisses and I love receiving them!  On to some other info... you are still eating well, but not a big fan of finger foods yet.  You like puffs, but we had a couple scary gagging episodes on those so we've now started cutting them in half.  I tried bananas, strawberries, turkey, etc and you just mush it around on your highchair.  I wonder if it's b/c it's cold or mushy or both?  We'll try again with some of those soon.  You can still wear some 9 month clothes, but have moved into 12 month clothes mostly.  You are typically under the weight of what 12 months should fit, but you need them for the length.  Sleeping... what an interesting month.  We decided to try Daddy going to get you in the middle of the night if you wake up so that Mommy wouldn't just give in and feed you...bad habit.  That worked and you started sleeping better, waking only to need the paci or be rocked by Daddy once and sometimes making it through the night without any help.  Then we went out of town and surprisingly you slept all night 3 nights in a row.  But the next week you were up for a couple hours every night...sometimes happy and wanting to play and sometimes screaming and fighting sleep.  Absolutely exhausting for Daddy and I.  Still not sure why... thinking your teeth b/c you have a top one coming through.  Then the past 2 nights you have slept all night!  So you definitely know how to keep us guessing.  You are fighting naps too... I think you just don't want to miss anything!  I understand the feeling, b/c I don't want to miss anything when it comes to you! As always, we are having so much fun with you and look forward to many more months and years of joy! I can't believe I am starting to plan your 1st birthday party! Where has the time gone? We love you so much Haven Jane!! 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment