Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why Brussell Sprouts?

Hello all!  I am new to blogging, but hoping it will become something I love to do.  I love reading my friends' blogs, and now that we are having a BABY...I thought it would be a fun thing to do to document the pregnancy and help out-of-towners feel closer.  Why call it Brussell Sprouts you ask?  In college my dear friend Heidi nicknamed Russell and I "Brussell."  I was racking my brain trying to come up with a fun way to use our last name, Friske, in the blog name but couldn't settle on anything.  "We Got Friske," "Friske Adventures," "It's Good to be a Friske,"... just weren't quite cutting it.  My mom remembered the Brussells nickname and I mentioned it to Heidi who came up with Brussell Sprouts!  Get it?  Sprouts b/c it's like a baby!  Ok, maybe you are quicker than I give you credit for.  Anyway, that's the origin!  Thanks Mom & Heidi!  Successful first post?

5 comments:

  1. Love the name! So glad you started this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayaay! I love the shout out. I am loving this, can't wait for you to post more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogs!! :) I am so excited for y'all! Being a mommy is the greatest experience in the world! We have a blog too: www.theamendfamily.blogspot.com. Check us out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, you two! glad my creeping led me here :)

    p.s. "we got friske" = genius

    ReplyDelete