Saturday, November 27, 2010

Early Riser + Thanksgiving Happenings

Well, one thing is for sure.  My body does not let me sleep past 7am anymore.  It doesn't care if it's Thanksgiving, the weekend, vacation, or a lazy work day.  Bummer.  Sometimes it's even earlier!  But at 7am, it's like a signal is transmitted from my stomach to my brain, "EAT NOW."  I'm currently at my grandma's house in Bossier City, LA and she was thoughtful enough to buy me some delicious powder sugar donuts... my favorite.  So every morning at 7am I've been raiding her pantry for these scrumptious, not so healthy, goodies.  Russell laughed at me this morning... bringing the bag of donuts back to bed at 7am because no one else was awake.
We have enjoyed a great trip to my great home state of Louisiana, filled with good food, (too much) football, laughter, and some always welcomed family time.  I also got to see my friend Keri who I've known since I was 3 years old.  I hope the little baby in my belly makes a friend like that that he or she can stay connected to for so many years.  It is such a blessing. :) 

Keri & I about 5 years ago :)  We need an updated pic!
Yesterday, we went to my aunt and uncle's house for the afternoon.  We had Johnny's pizza... something I probably haven't had since I was 14 (when we moved to OK) and OMG I had forgotten how incredible this pizza was.  My sister and cousins went shopping, and I opted for a pedicure.  My nail color is called "I Don't Do Dishes."  I just couldn't pass that up.
A recent picture of my cousins and sister and I eating pizza... but not Johnny's pizza.  I guess we like eating pizza together.
We are leaving this morning to head back to OK!  Bedlam is tonight!!  And we're going!!  That's OSU vs. OU for those of you that don't know.  It's a big deal.  And really big this year b/c OSU is having such a great season!!  If we beat OU, we will go to the Big 12 Championship... I'm not a football expert, but I don't think that's ever happened.  Go Pokes!!!  We haven't been able to go to a game all season, so we are so excited to be in Stillwater in Boone Pickens Stadium tonight!  We'll be watching the game with this cute newly engaged couple...

AAAHHH people are awake!  Yay!  Gotta go... more to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this!!! Have so much fun and I'm so glad you are getting to go to Bedlam! I will be here rooting for my Sooners (but I promise I'll root for the Cowboys a little too!) I love and miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete