Saturday, January 8, 2011

Louisiana Fun!!

The last few years Russell and I have been fortunate enough to spend 5 days after Christmas with my family!  They are back in our home state of LA in a suburb north of New Orleans.  Every time it snows in Ohio my mom does a little happy dance that she's back in warmer weather now!  This was Russell's first visit to their new home and he loved it!  We did lots of fun things, ate some great food, and enjoyed some much needed family time while we were there!  My mom helped us start our baby registry for everything not gender specific...the basics.  My sister and I enjoyed a visit to the New Orleans Museum of Art while the boys visited the WWII museum.  We took lots of pictures in the cool sculpture garden..see below!  We also enjoyed watching our OSU Cowboys win their bowl game!  Go Pokes!  I have to be honest though, this pregnant girl fell asleep way before the game was over!  But I'm glad they prevailed without me watching. :)  Other highlights are some maternity shopping, going to see "Black Swan" - crazy movie!, and a delicious New Year's dinner a day early!  Here's a few pics of our trip!
Huge safety pin at NOMA!

Some Mardi Gras in the trees!  Love the moss too!
Appropriate I would say.

This was so puzzling!  We could not figure out how the top part was suspended in the air!  It was definitely not hanging so we think the support has got to be underground.

A trip back in time to my childhood visiting my Granpa Cec in New Orleans!  We visited this place lots of times back in the day!

Hey!  Cinderella's pumpkin carriage!

The Boswell family prize possession... the iPad my dad won in a corn hole tournament.  I believe my sister was spending some time with her virtual family?

Bro's favorite spot in the house.

Self-timer!  After New Year's Eve eve dinner! :)

Aww! :)

Love him!

Poor Copper was an outside dog for 5 days at my in-laws' house while we were gone.  Needless to say, he TIRED.


It was a great trip and as always we wish it could have been longer!!  Oh!  I should also say on our way home we ran into some bad weather in Jackson, MS.  About 20 minutes after we went through there, a tornado crossed the highway.  Scary!  We stopped at a Walmart to let the storm pass... I was a nervous wreck!  No worries though, we got to Bossier City safe and sound and spent the night with my grandparents.  Made it to Tulsa the next day!  That concludes our holiday adventures!  Crazy to think that this time next year we will have a 6 month old to celebrate the holidays with!  Exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment