Thursday, September 8, 2011

Haven Does LA

No, that's not Los Angeles, but my great home state of Louisiana!  Over the Labor Day weekend, Haven and I traveled to the Shreveport/Bossier area to see family!  Russell and my sister had to work so we made the 6 hour drive by ourselves!  I was nervous but hopeful that she would sleep the whole way and she did! So far, I've got myself a great little traveler.  We'll see if that changes as she gets older!  Ha!  Since my parents live far away, my mom prayed that Haven would like the car... and so far that prayer has been answered!  I had a moment taking Haven into my grandparents' house... just thinking about how my family has gathered there for as long as I can remember, how I used to walk there from our house right around the corner, etc.  So fun to bring Haven to my hometown!  I can't wait to tell her all about it one day!  Here's some pics from our trip...

Smiling with her great-granpa
Bozzy and the Jazzer - stinky breath?

sweetness :)

Gran and her great-grandbaby
Saturday night we went to my Aunt & Uncle's house to watch the LSU game.  Geaux Tigers!!!  We got to see the Wenzels and meet precious Zoe, and silly me didn't get a picture of the babies together!  Kicking myself!  Anyway, here's some pics from that night...

Great Uncle David!

Great Aunt Martha!

Gotta have some Gammie time!

Coppin' a feel with Jessie! Ha!

Sleepy girl with Lara :)

She turned and looked at me, but before this she was all eyes on the LSU game!

And some more family and fun!...

Uncle Spencer getting some cuddle time :)

He loved that she was holding his hands.

I was in the other room and caught this happening... melt my heart!

She met her Great-Great Aunt Florence, Denise, and Great-Great Uncle Leonard!


We do a lot of admiring each other :)

Pretty girl!

I wish her hands were down bc I love this of Grandpa!

Talking to Bozzy!

Hangin' with Uncle Spencer!
It was a wonderful trip and so good to see everyone!  A couple more blog posts to come out of the trip... Up next, Haven meets the BFFs!  I am anxious to write that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment