Friday, September 14, 2012

A Special Dress

So I have this special dress... I used to wear it all the time when I was little and I called it my "laur-laur" dress.  I wore it so much that my aunt's mom (shout-out to Betty McGuire!) painted a picture of me in it doing one of my favorite things when I was little - feeding the ducks.


Obviously my mom is awesome and kept this special dress.  You know what that means!  Haven got to put it on!!!  On our recent trip to Louisiana, we put Haven in the laur-laur dress and practically had a photo shoot!  Check out this comparison of me and my sweet girl in my favorite dress!



Does she look like me?  I think so!  But tons of Russell in there too. :)  And of course I have to show you the rest of the pics!





What's she pointing at?!  Her crazy Uncle!





I just love special things like this.  Here's to many more!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable. SO precious. I love that dress. I think I have top similar to that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that picture of you and her side by side was amazing!!! So adorable and total TWINS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to get too philosophical here, but this is exactly why I love to make clothes. The memories associated with a special dress like this are so powerful and last forever! Love that she got to wear this cute thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! I love it. Shout out to Betty McGuire! Makes my day. :) That is so awesome she did that-I never knew! She's the best :)

    ReplyDelete