Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sorority Raise Your Baby

I recently had the most surreal experience... You may know that I was a Theta at OSU.  Well, my dance company has classes in Stillwater so I have to make trips over there every so often to meet with my teachers, put flyers around town, etc.  I like to keep hiring Thetas as my teachers (why not keep it in the family?!) so this trip I had to meet with my teacher who lives in the Theta house.  Here comes the surreal part... it felt SO strange to bring my baby into the Theta house where I lived for 2 of the best years of my life.  Stepping in that place brings back a flood of wonderful memories I had at this house...

Memories of rush and posing with my friends...

 
Memories of Mom/Dot night, where the most wonderful friendships started...


Memories of date parties...

Memories of spandex and "memories"...


Memories of the BEST snow day ever...

Memories of getting ready for shows...


Memories of just plain ridiculous-ness...

Memories of my engagement day and surprising my friends at my candlelight...


And so many more memories.  I came home from dates with my future husband here.  I answered an ad for a part-time Tippi Toes dance teacher here.  I laughed here, I cried here, I ate here, I slept here, I studied here, I danced here, I sang here, I prayed here, I loved here.  And now I bring my baby here.


I got to catch up with our house mom, which was SO fun.  She was so surprised and excited to see me come through the door...and with my baby girl.  It's hard to believe it has been 4 years since I moved out of this place.  Haven and I visited the last room I lived in before I moved out... 

My apologies to whoever lives here now and my exposing your mess.  When I lived here, we had big puffy floral curtains and a floral border around the room.  Sick, but awesome.  Imagine a hot pink bed spread and these sweet friends...

Obviously so much has happened in those 4 years... I got married, bought a house, became a Tippi Toes franchise owner, and had a baby, among other things.  It just doesn't seem possible.  Maybe one day, Haven will go to OSU (her Daddy would die if she became a Sooner), and maybe, just maybe, she'll end up in this incredible house that is so dear to me.  That will be even more surreal.  But if not, I can only hope that she makes the kind of wonderful, thoughtful, hilarious, there-for-you-always friends that I made in this place.  I hope they all get to read this.  Love you all so very much. --Boz

1 comment:

  1. AW I just got chills! That is so fun and crazy you took baby Haven to the Theta house! I hope that we can make this reunion happen!

    ReplyDelete