Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tippi Toes B-day Party

So I promised I would blog about this... and now I'm kinda regretting that promise.  Why?  Because my 2 months post-baby body in a leotard is not exactly what I'd call flattering.  Oh well, I'll stick to my promises.  I recently provided entertainment (why does that sound weird?) at a 4 year old's ballerina birthday party.  It was SO fun!  I'm walking to the door in my get-up and I hear the little girl, "Mommy, Mommy, the ballerina is here!!!"  Adorable.  This is how I showed up to the party...

Yes, I am nursing, and yes, my boobs are huge...especially in a leotard.

This family went all out... tulle everywhere, special lighting, tutus for all the little girls, heart-shaped sandwiches, and ballerina cupcakes.  It was awesome!  We got sparkles and earrings and learned some super fun Tippi Toes dances.  The girls performed for their parents and the mom throwing the party had bouquets of flowers for all the parents to give their girls.  It was so precious!  I thought several times, "this is my job... and it is AWESOME," even if I have to put my post-baby body in a leotard and tutu and drive through Tulsa with people looking at me like I'm crazy.  Totally worth it for the smiles on those sweet little girls' faces!  :)


3 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm glad you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!!! What a fun mom and I have such a fun friend!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And I honestly think you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete