Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Walkarounds...with a baby!

If you don't know what Walkarounds are, then you're not a cowboy!  Walkarounds is part of America's Greatest Homecoming at OSU, and it's called the greatest for a reason!  Every year the fraternities and sororities spend countless hours pushing tissue paper through chicken wire to create these fabulous house decorations!  When I was the one doing the pomping, I couldn't wait until it was over.  We had certain requirements on the amount of hours we had to put in per week, and it was always overwhelming with school, football season, practicing for shows, etc.  I actually look back on it and wonder how I survived! But now that I am an alumni, I LOVE going back to walkarounds and looking at all the hard work the houses put in.  Especially on years like this one where our house ended up in a tie for 1st!  So the 4 of us (yes, we brought Copper) made the trip over to Stillwater for this special event.  It was definitely a different experience fighting the crowds with a stroller, but we had a great time!  I'm sure this will be the first of many Homecoming Walkarounds in Haven's future!

Bundled up!  It was quite chilly!

Had to make a stop at the Theta house!







Tied for 1st!





No comments:

Post a Comment