Sunday, October 28, 2012

Things I Never Want To Forget...

Oh, sweet little Haven Jane.  The things you do right now at 17 months old.  They are precious.  And funny.  And so stinkin' cute.  There are so many things that I never want to forget about you at this age...

The gazillion animal noises you can make on command...we added elephant to her arsenal last night.  Video coming soon, I'm sure. 

The way your face lights up and you do a little high-chair jig at meal time when I say "fruit." 

The way you forget what you're doing when music comes on and just start dancing.  Wonder where you get this from?  :) 

The several ways you say "mama" - with excitement, tiredness, frustration, sadness, and those precious sweet soft whispers. 

The way you exclaim "dada!!" anytime the phone rings b/c you're just sure it's him. 

The way you point at the computer and say "Bozzy!" when you want to skype with Gammie and Bozzy.  And how excited you get when skype is ringing. 

The way you say "OoOohh" when something is cool and interesting to you.

Hearing "nummy-num" when you are hungry or thirsty or find something in the pantry you want to eat at that moment. 

Your adorable giggles when I get your tickle spots. 

The way you shake your finger at Copper when he has something of yours or is barking... (now we just gotta work on you NOT doing that to people...yikes.) 

The way you can pretend to talk on a cell phone forever...love those jibber-jabber conversations with no one. 

The way you suck on your little toothbrush before bed and then laugh when I wipe your mouth with a towel. 

How much turning a light switch off and on or pushing the button to the garage door, dryer, etc. excites you. 

And certainly not the last thing, but the last thing for this post - the sweet way you rest your head on my shoulder and give me "hugs" just before I lay you down for your nap in the afternoon.  It melts my heart every time.

I love you, sweet Haven Jane, so much that tears are welling in my eyes right now.  I hope you always know that I am so proud of you and love you so much.  You just woke up... must leave the blog and go get some morning kisses.  Yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment