Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gammie's Birthday!

We were so excited to have Gammie in town for her birthday a couple weekends ago!  A plane ticket was her birthday present to herself and man, what a good present that was!!!  She got here when Haven and I were already asleep on a Thursday (her birthday), so we woke up Friday morning ready to get some Gammie love!  My sister's birthday was on Saturday so we got to celebrate with both of them on Friday with some delicious cupcakes!  We did lots of fun stuff while she was here... reorganized Haven's clothes (more like a relief!), visited Daddy at work and had lunch in Owasso, had a yummy shrimp boil for dinner, Russell and I got to go on a date and see Beauty and the Beast in 3D while Gammie got some one-on-one Haven time, went to lunch with 2 of Gammie's girlfriends, I got TONS of work done, and Gammie got lots of Haven snuggles, smiles, and just pure love.  When we said goodbye at the airport, I cried.  I just wish a visit like that could be longer...and really that it could be more frequent.  Maybe someday they will move to Tulsa and that dream will come true!  I almost can't even fathom what that would feel like to be able to just drop in at their house and vice versa.  Maybe one day!  I am hopeful!  Anyway, back to my wonderful Mom/Gammie.  She is just the BEST.  I feel the need to say THANK YOU to her for everything she does for me... she is encouraging, kind, thoughtful, selfless, and loves me, Russell, and Haven unconditionally.  She helped me out so much while she was here that I couldn't believe all the stuff I got done!  I love our chats on the phone, visits on Skype, reading her handwriting in my baby calendar every day and comparing it to Haven's calendar, our frequent emails, discussing reality shows, making fun of celebrity baby names, watching her with Haven, and getting a big squeeze from her.  Mom, thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me and my family, I love you more than words can say!  I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked this visit, but here's a few!





No comments:

Post a Comment