Saturday, February 11, 2012

UJVP Regional Champs! "Yeah probly."

Last weekend, Haven and I joined the Union JV Pom squad on a charter bus to our regional competition in Fort Worth!  My mother-in-law and grandparents made the trip as well to help me with Haven while I was at the competition.  (Couldn't have done it without you guys, thank you!!)  I was pretty nervous about the whole trip... how would she do on the bus?  At night while sharing a room with the other coach?  During the days without me all day?  Aside from a couple upset moments on the bus, a couple night wakes, and a really late bedtime the night before I had to be up at 4am, she did REALLY well!  The bus rides could have easily been a nightmare and thankfully they were close to the opposite.  And on top of that, my grandparents and mother-in-law enjoyed the Haven time!  Unfortunately here's the only pic of Haven I got during the trip...  


The competition was SO fun.  It has been several years since I've been to one of these things, and I immediately re-discovered my love for them.  If you know me, you know I could watch anything dance-related (reality shows, musicals, competitions, movies, etc) all. day. long.  The performance below is what sparked me to get my camera out, so I have them (him) to thank for this blog post!  Check out the guy in the middle!  Too much fun to watch!!  I should have recorded him honestly.


Now on to my pom girls!  They are too much fun.  I know I have only been working with them for a month, but I am so proud of their hard work!  I was nervous before they took the floor and thrilled when they were announced the winners.  It's funny how this pom world has just sucked me back in!  Anyway, they rocked it and won 1st place and judges' choice!!  So so so proud of them!






A couple of them got ahold of my camera...


Love this picture!!





GO UJVP!  Congratulations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment