Sunday, May 13, 2012

M For Marissa & Magna Cum Laude

Did you read the title?!  My sister graduated Magna Cum Laude from OBU on Friday!  We are SO proud of her!  She asked me the next morning if I got that honor when I graduated and when I said no, you should have seen the smile on her face!  Ha!  I loved it!  The ceremony was really interesting, much different from OSU as OBU is a Christian college.  I loved all the prayers and worship, making the whole thing more meaningful.  We sat on the back row which ended up being a great thing b/c Haven was bouncing around on my lap being a really cute distraction to others if we had been further up.  She made it literally just long enough for Aunt Marissa to walk across the stage before wanting to get down and wailing about it.  So we spent the rest of the ceremony strolling around campus.  Back to when Marissa walked... they ask you to hold your applause until all the candidates from that particular college are announced.  At OSU graduation the week before, we made a ton of racket for Ben, Tim, and Valerie as they walked across the stage.  For Marissa, we had big smiles and my Dad stood up and repeated the "bow in praise" motion.  If you know my Dad, you've seen him do this plenty of times at sporting events, etc.  It was the best!  Haven was a little cranky the rest of the day, but we had a great time with dinner at Charleston's and cake back at her house.  Enjoy the pictures from her special day!



Granpa waving as she walked in!


Proud Daddy...

Roomies!  Love you Mal!

Proud grandparents...

Proud parents...

Sadly the best one we got with Haven... good try moving the hand Bozzy!

Bean!...

Boyfriend!...


Handsome brother...

Siblings and Haven!

Nathan and his sweet parents...

Silly girl...



Reading a book with Granpa!...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment