Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day - Hey, I'm Included!

Last year I had a huge Havey-baby belly on Mother's Day and my sweet hubby bought me flowers.  It was so sweet and meaningful.  But this year was exponentially more meaningful after having almost a year under my belt as a mom!  My hubby treated me like a Queen.  I'm pretty sure Mother's Day might be my new favorite holiday.  Why?  Well first because of the star treatment I got, but much more than that... it is a celebration of the woman that made me who I am, and the woman that made her who she is, and Russell's mom, and so on and so forth.  And now I am part of that group with my sweet Haven. Let me tell you about my wonderful Mother's Day... 

He cooked me this....

He gave me this....


And we laughed about how hysterically true the card was!  Nice purchase hubby!  No knocking him... he does do soooo much.  But we do talk a lot about if there is a spare moment I am making sure things are getting done and he is snoozing on the couch. :)

Then there's this girl... the sweet girl that makes me a mom and eligible to celebrate this special day.  I love you so much Haven Jane!!

The weather was so nice that we went on a morning walk...

To a park in our neighborhood (well, the fancy neighborhood connected to ours)....

The ducks were surprisingly brave with Copper around and came to see Haven...

Love her!

We spent the rest of the day at my in-laws house and ended the night at Fiddler On the Roof at the Tulsa PAC.  I obviously am willing to share my special day with a musical.  Duh!  It really was the perfect day.  I am so blessed by my little family and extended family!  I can't thank my mom and grandmas enough for making me the mom I am today.  And my sweet mom-in-law that is ready to help with whatever we need.  I love you all!!  Looking forward to many more of this wonderful holiday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Mom Club, you're going to be a fantastic member!

    ReplyDelete