Friday, June 22, 2012

Beavers Bend 2012 Day 1

Every year my family vacations at Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK.  This was our 18th year!  I have been for at least part of the week every year with the exception of last year because Haven was a couple weeks old and in 2007 when I was on my honeymoon.  Never did I think that I would bring my child to this place but it absolutely warms my heart that another generation gets to experience such a fun place where I have so many fond memories!   

I didn't get a picture of the cabin this year, but this is our little home away from home!  #37 on the river!  This picture is from 2006.

One of the best parts of this trip, is hammock time!  I think my mom would live in a hammock if she could.  It's so nice to just relax in the hammock, look up at the trees, and watch the river.  Love it!

But the hammock is even better with this precious thing in it!!

How many times have I laid in this hammock?!  Never thought I would be doing this in it!  Love!

These boys (ok adult and almost-adult) were throwing some knives...

Seems like they should still look like this... (or younger!)

Haven loves Uncle Spencer!  Oh, and the cabin got a new paint job! :)

Playing with Stella, my Uncle's granddaughter!  They were so cute together!

See what I mean?!

Kisses for baby... She loves this doll!  Thanks Laura and Bobby!

Reading some books with Gammie...

And bubbles with Gammie, too!

That's day 1!  More to come of this fun family vacation!




No comments:

Post a Comment