Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Friske Christmas 2012

This year we did Christmas with Russell's immediate family on Christmas Eve.  Haven already did Christmas with my family back in November, but we will be getting together in Memphis this coming weekend.  Family schedules are definitely a big puzzle so unfortunately this year we missed my sister as she has already been with my family in New Orleans, and we'll be missing the big celebration with Russell's extended family while we're in Memphis.  But that's just how the pieces fell this year!  :(  I am thankful for all the family that we do get to see and wish we could see so many more!  

Back to the Friske Christmas... Haven woke up from her nap on the 22nd with a fever.  Seriously?!  We've been so blessed with such a healthy girl, but I was so bummed that she would be sick right before all the fun festivities.  We spent the 23rd at the Friskes' to celebrate Poppy's 60th birthday!  Boy, it was a day full of tylenol doses, meltdowns, and tears for Haven.  I felt so bad for her!  And she only wanted me which made me one exhausted Mommy by the end of the day.  But that's life!  Here's Poppy and his favorite - carrot cake!


Haven got a good night sleep and was feeling a little better the morning of Christmas Eve.  However, she was still fighting a a fever and congestion, so she was still pretty irritable.  She only made it through about half of her presents before refusing to open anymore.  I think she just wanted to play with what she had already opened!  Her loot from Santa...


We opened a few things but she had to get back to the books...



The cousins were tearing through their gifts like pros!  Even stopping to pose for pictures!  They got this!




Grayson was especially proud of this hat he got and was totally rocking the model pose all on his own...


Haven opened a few more gifts and then had to retreat and play with her new baby stroller.


We got the girls down for nap and now it was time for the adults to open gifts!  We were spoiled as usual!  Thank you Poppy and Grandma!!!  My favorite gift of the day was this baker-themed nutcracker for Tim!  Ben and Valerie are awesome gift-givers! :) 



It was such a fun day, even with a sick baby.  We went to the Christmas Eve service at Poppy and Grandma's church (where Russell and I got married) and Haven was being so sweet and cuddly with Grandma and I.  I am so thankful for my sweet little girl, even when she's sick!  Thank you Lord for all your blessings and most importantly that sweet little baby born in a manger so many years ago!  Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment